Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Reunion

I just wanted to write a quick post about our fantastic weekend. This not really adoption related, but I do want to share God's goodness in our lives even as we are in the process of waiting.

Adam and I headed over to Atlanta this weekend for me to attend a baby shower. The mom-to-be is one of my closest friends, Angela. She and I were roommates during our freshman year of college and have remained close over the (almost ten!) years since. She has been such a constant source of love and friendship in my life and is one of the few people in the world I can confide in completely without fear of judgment. Fortunately, our husbands have also become great friends, so Adam was able to hang out with Patrick while we were off showering Angela with gifts. :) Here is a quick pre-shower picture.
Isn't she lovely?? 
Patrick and Angela's sweet Baby Faith will be here soon, and I am so, so excited! It is really something else to be entering the stage of life where people you have known for years are becoming parents. These two will be great ones! 

The shower was hosted at the home of another one of my closest college friends, Ashlyn. She and I were sorority sisters at Auburn, and she actually introduced me to my husband. So, needless to say, I love Ashlyn and WHOLE lot. :) She was pretty much my saving grace in college and really helped teach me that it is possible to be a Godly woman no matter the circumstance you happen to find yourself in. I spent a lot of my free time with this pretty lady. 
So very good to see her! 
Both of these lovely ladies were in our wedding and are so, so important to me. Love you both! 

This weekend also happened to be my birthday. I am now a dusty old woman of 28. To celebrate, my husband took me out to my current favorite Birmingham restaurant, Chez Lulu, for dinner. It was a wonderful night. We were able to enjoy good food and each other's company. If I haven't said it lately, I am so very blessed to be married to this man. 
And, no, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a glass of milk you see in front of my husband. He ordered it to accompany his creme brûlée, of course. 

Not a whole lot of news on the adoption front these days. I only know of one referral that has gone out for the month of December. We are still praying to be number 63 on January 1, and we would love for you to join us. 

I know I said it before, but the next part of The Circle Maker is coming soon. Promise! 

Love, 
Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...