Sunday, April 20, 2014

RWANDA!

So I have let it slip on Facebook, and I have let all of my Noonday customers know, but now I want to shout it from every rooftop I pass…

I AM GOING TO RWANDA THIS SUMMER!!!!

Oh. My. Word.

I still really cannot even believe it. So here's what happened.

I got an email a week ago Friday that my Noonday sales in recent months had qualified me for an Ambassador trip to meet our artisans this summer. In Rwanda! We only had the weekend to decide, and things just fell into place REALLY quickly, so after much discussion and reassurance from my husband that it was really OK for me to go, we made the decision, and I am GOING!

So before I say anything else… THANK YOU to my beautiful, wonderful, world-changing customers for shopping with Noonday Collection and making a global impact right where you are! It is because of  YOUR purchases that this opportunity came my way, and I cannot wait to meet our artisans, see the impact your purchases are making and then come back and let you know exactly how your purchases are impacting our artisans! You ladies (and the gentlemen who shop for them) are the BEST!

Ever since making the decision to go I find my eyes randomly welling up with tears just thinking about all that this opportunity is. I can't quite explain it, but this feels like the culmination of so many things from different places throughout my life for years, even since high school. And I can't lie; I am excited beyond words to have my feet on the same continent as my children, even if it's just for nine days. It is my hope, prayer and expectation that the Lord will use this experience in a mighty and powerful way.

I am going to share more about this trip in the coming weeks and months, but I wanted to go ahead and shout it out today.

I'm going to Rwanda!! Woohoo!

And in preparation for and celebration of all this awesomeness and as we gear up for Mother's Day, I am hosting a Noonday giveaway all this week! If you make a purchase, any purchase, this week, your name will be entered into a drawing to win your choice of either the Juna's Wristlet or a Market Tote, both made with love in Rwanda! The giveaway will run from now until next Sunday, which is the last day for guaranteed shipping for Mother's Day! I will draw TWO names on Monday of next week, and if you are one of the winners, I will contact you right away so that you can choose your new Rwandan treasure! So jump on over to my Noonday Collection site, find a gift for that mommas in your life and be entered to win a handmade Rwandan bag!

Love you all!
Baylor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...