Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wait List Number: January 2014

New year, same number.

Yes, you read that correctly. Our waiting list number is the same for the third consecutive month. I will say that I was surprised. I thought we were going to move up one or two spots, but the Lord seems to have us parked right here for the time being. And I am trying to stare into the darkness and find the good.

Not the easiest thing I have ever done.

So I have a request for you. Will you please pray that the court officials, specifically in the "O" region (trying to maintain namelessness while still asking for specific prayer), would move swiftly to match children with their families in the coming months? We are so beyond ready to see our children's faces. And will you pray that we will have everyone home by the end of 2014?

The last thing for today is this. Due to some recent privacy policy changes with our placing agency, we can no longer post our waiting list numbers online. We can still share them in person and via email, but they cannot be posted on a publicly accessible site. So, that means our monthly updates will look different. I still plan to do them without the numbers; I'm just not sure what that will look like yet. But I guess this is a good month to start since there was no change! (Look at me searching for that silver lining.)

Reading back through this post, I realize that it is not the most beautiful thing I have written. But my nerves are a bit raw this week, and so I am asking for your grace.

Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...