Monday, February 24, 2014

Hiatus

So, I kind of took an unintentional blogging hiatus. I had been thinking about maybe taking the month of February off from writing, and then it just kind of got away from me. And now here we are! Oops! Part of my blog neglect was for a verrrrry good reason.

I escaped the real world for nine whole days with the man I love best. We unplugged, disconnected and ran away together. And it was perfect.

So much of our lives lately has revolved around the standstill in the adoption world. If you have been reading our story for any length of time, you know that the last 6 months, really all of 2013 (except July) has brought either minimal movement or none at all. We have moved THREE spots since August 1. Unreal. And that fact has DOMINATED my heart, my mind, my whole life. It has taken a toll on me, on us, on our marriage. We have been exhausted.

Well, in His infinite wisdom, God prompted our hearts to book a vacation for February back in July. Our first vacation together alone since our honeymoon, almost seven years ago. We had been looking forward to it for so long. And it did not disappoint. We were able, finally, to focus on each other and just be away from everything that even kind of reminded us of the hardships that seem to rain down on us one after the other. We came back feeling refreshed and replenished. Some would say that our love tanks are full.



And then, as soon as we got back, we moved into our new house! We got home on Sunday night, spent the whole week packing and then moved it all out on Saturday. It has been quite the whirlwind this month.



I think the timing of that is probably a really good thing. We are still hearing nothing but echoing silence in the adoption world, so it is nice to have other things to focus on these days. Though I will be honest, there have been times over the last few days when I have just started crying. We have reached the point where it TRULY seems like this will NEVER happen. Like we will never bring these babies home. Like we will never be parents at all. I cannot tell you how hard it is.

But, for right now at least, I am trying to focus on all of the good things we have going on. I just took the most wonderful vacation with the love of my life. We have just moved into our new home, which I LOVE. The Noonday Collection spring line has launched, and I have several shows booked. And I am going to Created for Care with my mom in two weeks. So there is a lot of good in the middle of the bad, and I am thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new home and I'm pretty jealous of your vacation!!! Loving the Noonday line and sad I'm missing C4C! Hope we get to meet at one of the Bham gatherings. Praying for all you in the wait…SO HARD! But you do have a lot of great things going on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...