Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We Leave Tomorrow

We leave tomorrow.

WE LEAVE TOMORROW.

WE.LEAVE.TOMORROW.

I absolutely cannot believe it.

I've mentioned before that I am typically pretty difficult to frazzle. Years of being a middle school teacher have left me (usually) unflappable. You would not believe some of the things I heard over the years while having to maintain my composure as the responsible adult in the room. Well, I am pleased to report that all of that has GONE OUT THE WINDOW. I feel like I am losing my ever loving mind. There is so much to do, and I'm worried that I will miss some critical piece. Yikes!

Still, things do feel like they are coming together. My bag is mostly packed. Adam's things are laid out and ready for the suitcase. Yesterday I made a photo album of our family to leave with Bradley. We have snacks and our passports. We have printed copies of ALL THE FORMS. I need something good to read on the plane, though. It's the little things now.

It's so hard to believe that the last three plus years on this journey all come down to the next few days. We are about to meet the boy we have been falling in love with for a long, long time. And then we will go to court and he will legally be declared ours. Can this really be happening? Can we finally, actually be at the place where the stuff of dreams becomes the substance of reality? It feels impossible. And yet, here we are. I was telling the girls in our small group this week that I have arrived at a place where I am so, SO thankful to the Lord for each piece of this journey. I am not the same woman who filled out that application on April 10, 2012. He has stretched me and grown me. He has changed me. And most importantly, He has stayed with me. No matter how hard I tried to fight Him off, He stayed. And through that I have learned that this is who God is. He is the God who stays. He is faithful to us when we are faithless before Him. And I am more aware of that now than I ever have been before.

So we are about to go and adopt this precious boy. This precious boy whom God has been saving for us. And we are ready.

But before we go, I have one more thing to ask of you. Is there a Scripture that you love? Something that speaks to you? Encourages you? Calms you? Motivates you? Gives you peace? Makes you brave?

If you have a Scripture like that, I would to hear it. Please leave a comment below or on Facebook. We will take all of the God-centered encouragement we can get our hands on.

I'm going to do my best to post something from Ethiopia each day. It might be here or on Facebook or on Instagram. I'll do my best to bring you all on this awesome, beautiful, redemptive journey with us.

Love to you all.
Baylor

2 comments:

  1. I am crying!! So happy for you. So glad to know you and be able to follow behind you on this journey. Proverbs 13 says Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a spring of life...spring of life is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baylor, I found your blog TODAY, June 10. I stumbled on an earlier post and wondered, "What is the latest on their adoption?" Well...have a great trip!!! This verse is on my desk and I will pray it for your FAMILY ; ) during this adventure: "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who has called us by His own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...