Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ethiopia Trip One, Day 3: Bradley and Adama

Day three began at the orphanage with our little man.

 We were downstairs in the play area today. 
 I think by this day, he was starting to recognize us as the people who only play with him. We got more smiles today. 
 But he was also so, so sleepy. 
 And it wasn't too long before his eyelids were getting heavy. 
 Eyes open one more time...
 And then he was down for the count. 
 I could have stayed right there ALL DAY. 
 Those cheeks though...
 Resting with his dad. 
And right when you thought it couldn't get any cuter... 
This. 

We do not have as many pictures from this day because we were playing and coloring with other children, too. These precious babies are all so sweet. Before we left, I was allowed to give Bradley his bottle and put him down for a nap. One of the sweetest moments of the entire week. Ask me to see the video. I'll gladly share it with you. 

After about two hours with Bradley, we headed out of Addis to Adama, about a one hour drive through the Ethiopian countryside. While in Adama, we visited a school that was started by Woudneh. It serves children from difficult backgrounds, and it is an amazing place. 

 West Sands School 
 We got a tour from one of the administrators. 
 The common area used for what we would call electives or specials. 
 The youngest class. 
Every time I visit a school abroad, I cannot help but compare it to my experience as a junior high teacher. The gap is wide, my friends, and we should all be compelled to do something about it. 
 Practicing English words. 
 We were introduced to each class and had the opportunity to offer words of encouragement to all of the students. 
 Then it was time for recess! 
 It was awesome. 
There is also a great video of us dancing. 
I'd post it, but I don't want you to be jealous of my moves. 
 Then it was off to the park to feed monkeys! 
 They come right up to you for bananas. 
Do you see the baby on her belly?
 Baby is hanging on! 
 Once we brought out the bananas, they swarmed! 
 It was awesome, and I was only mildly sacred! 
 Quick refreshment break. Lots of great conversation with Woudneh, learning about Ethiopia and adoption and all kinds of awesome stuff. 
 Two of God's greatest gifts in my life and absolute CHAMPS this week. 
 Photo op with my love. 
 And then a quick stop at the gas station. 
 Dinner on a BEAUTIFUL lake. 
 Seriously. Gorgeous. 
And the perfect spot for a coffee ceremony. 

OK, I leave to go back to Ethiopia in two hours, so I'm signing off for a while! Follow the next phase of the journey on Instagram! I'll be back with the rest of trip one and ALL of trip two soon! 

Love, 
Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...