Saturday, April 14, 2012

Signature Practice!

I think we have perfected our signatures! We received our adoption manuals via email yesterday (talk about some serious reading!) and have been busy reading and signing both last night and today. It has been super exciting, though, to learn more about what this process will look like. There is so much information to go through, and we are enjoying working our way through it. 


Lots of reading to do!


Sign here, and here, and here! 

One of the things we have to do for our home study is read a book called The Connected Child. I bought it this morning on my Kindle (love that thing) and am already 70% through it. I am attributing part of that to me being nerdy English teacher who loves to read, and I am attributing the rest of it to the fact that this is a REALLY great book! I strongly recommend it to anyone who is considering adopting or fostering. It is full of excellent information and practical applications for situations that are likely to arise post-adoption. 



Truly enjoying this!

This week has been full of blessings from God. It seems that with each day that passes, He is confirming again and again that this is the right path for us. He is so, so good. Adam and I are experiencing such a peace about this whole process, which is incredible when we think about how much it entails, but we know that our God is faithful, and we feel so blessed to be embarking on this journey with Him. 


All of this is really causing me to reflect on what God did for me by sending His Son to die for my sins on the cross. I amazed by His great love, and my mind is drawn to Ephesians 1:3-6 "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, he predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will--to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves." WOW! 


God chose to adopt us into His family. It was His "pleasure and will." Meaning that He wanted to do so; it delighted Him to do so. What an incredible God we serve! That He chose to do this does not mean that it was easy. In fact, our adoption as sons and daughters came a great cost: the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Still, God chose it. He loved (loves) us enough to purposefully endure pain in order to allow us to spend our eternity with Him. Talk about a loving Father! 


And so the more I pray and consider these things, the more I am assured that God is holding us right in the palm of His almighty hand. And from His hand, we cannot ever be snatched! 


On a different note, we have started an adoption timeline. You can click on the tab at the top of the home page to check it out. Not a whole lot to see yet, but more will be added soon! 


"The Spirit, Himself, testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8:16


Love, 

Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...