Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Can we talk for just a sec...

About how God is oh so good? Allow me to share.

So I had this very serious and somber blog post in the works for you, because, honestly, that last few days have been verrrrry difficult on me. I am not sure why or what triggered it. This just happens sometimes. I get bogged down in the waiting, and I start feeling like our little bird in a million years away. It is not a pretty place to be. In the spirit of honesty and transparency, I have been trying to share the good with you, as well as the not so good. The last few days have undoubtedly fallen into the "not so good" category, and I was prepared to share it with all of you (and I still plan to) when the Lord, as He usually does, met me right where I was and gave me a gift, something to lift my spirits and remind me that He truly knows me and hears my heart.

Let me back it up to a few days ago. Earlier this week, I received a Facebook message from a high school friend of mine, Danielle. She was messaging me to get our address. Now, Danielle and I have not talked in several years (though I do follow her marathon blog and aspire to one day be as fabulous of a runner as she is), but she told me that she has been following along with our adoption story, and while she was in New Orleans for a marathon (the woman is a machine!), she saw something that reminded her of us and our adoption and so she bought it for us and wanted to mail it. Let me pause here to say that this humbled me like I cannot explain. That Danielle saw something that reminded her of our adoption and our little Ethiopian bird so much that she was compelled to buy it for someone she has not talked to in years touched my heart more than I can tell you. Thank you, Danielle. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I had been waiting to get it in the mail all week, anxious to see what it was. The suspense was very dramatic. So, do you want to see what it was?
 You are my little bird! 
Right there with our current number! 

Danielle, I am not sure if you know this (maybe I have done it somewhere on this blog), but Adam and I call each other birds, and we call our little babe a bird. So this is absolutely perfect. I love it. Love it, love it, love it. I was actually in a meeting in my classroom today when I got an email from our registrar/receptionist that some packages had arrived for me in the front office. I raced down there and just about started crying in the lobby when I opened this one. This will be prominently displayed in our nursery. 

Thank you, Danielle, for being part of this incredible story God is writing in our lives. The Lord used you to bless my life today. I had been in tears over the some of the difficulties that accompany adoption just last night and was still not 100% over it today, but then this arrived and turned me right back around. Thank you for reminding me who we are waiting for. 

Now some of you might be thinking, she said "packages" arrived in the front office. As in multiple. And you would be correct. But I cannot tell you what was in the other one yet! It contained gifts for two of the people I love most in the world, and if I write about it, the surprise will be ruined. But stay tuned. :)

I do still want to share with you what God is teaching me during the low times (like the last few days), but I will save that for later this week. Right now, I want to think about my little bird over in Ethiopia and about how the Lord is truly the Divine Conductor of every tiny detail for our lives (even something as seemingly small as when the mail arrives!).

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; You will stretch our Your hand against the wrath of my enemies. And Your right hand will save me." Psalm 138:7

Love,
Baylor


1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me cry! I'm SO glad God used me to give you the encouragement you needed. As soon as I saw it, I thought of y'all and I decided that I absolutely had to get it for you no matter how weird it might be. Something (God!) came over me and there was nothing left to do besides agonize over which of the prints had the most gender neutral color scheme...obviously a 20 minute process. Stay strong! You are inspiring us all and your little bird is on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...