Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday: My Husband

Recently, I have felt a prompting to focus on being more thankful. So much of my prayer life (as I mentioned yesterday) has been focused on the things that are NOT going the way I want, so I feel like it might be a good idea to turn my mind and my heart toward the things in my life for which I am thankful. From here forward, I am going to try, emphasis on TRY, to focus a post each Thursday on a different blessing God has placed in my life for which I am thankful.

And I am going to begin with the single greatest, earthly blessing God has ever given me.

My best friend, my teammate, my rock, my partner in this life and the one my soul loves.

My husband.

There is no area in my life in which God's love for me and deep knowledge of who I truly am is more evident than in the man He gave me as my husband.

I am profoundly grateful that The Lord saw fit to match me with such a man. Adam is loving, patient, supportive, encouraging, faithful, steady, hardworking and forgiving. He lives out what God demands of Christian husbands in His Word, loving his wife as Christ loves the church.

The trials we have been going through over the last years have served to solidify and deepen our bond and my love for him. Mostly because he has stayed with me! He has been right by my side every single step of the way, encouraging me, upholding me and reminding my who God is. Adam has been a steady presence and a constant source of love. We stand face to face as two people in love and side by side as one unit fighting toward the same end. He is strong where I am weak, and  he never ceases to amaze me with the depth of his devotion to both God and our family.

When Paul defines love and lists its attributes in 1 Corinthians 13, he sets the bar pretty high.

Love is...

Patient, kind, it does not envy, does not boast, is not proud.

Love is not self-seeking, it does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

As I read this passage in Scripture, I easily see how Adam fills each slot, does all these things and is never satisfied with anything less. And I am thankful beyond measure to have been blessed with a man who seeks to be all these things.

I am so thankful for you, Adam. You are more than I could have ever known to ask for. I love you for who you are and who you help me to be.

"I found him who my soul loves."
Song of Solomon 3:4

Love,
Baylor






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...