Thursday, May 15, 2014

Best. Husband. Ever.

When the month of May rolls around, I always start to feel a little anxious.

Mother's Day.

This past Sunday marked the fourth empty-armed Mother's Day since we have started the process to grow our family. Each year it gets harder and harder as I watch the world honor this incredible group of women to which I long to belong. Last year was a total catastrophe. I spent the vast majority of the day in hysterics, and so my incredible husband decided to take matters into his own hands for Mother's Day weekend 2014.

He planned a Staycation for us. If we are Instagram buddies (@bayknott07), then you probably noticed that my feed blew up this past weekend as I documented our adventures together. Here are some of the pictures.

Friday Night: A quick family workout! 
Friday Night: PJs + Pizza = Picnic! 
Saturday Morning: Massages please! 
Saturday Lunch: Burgers at Tip Top Grill! 
This little spot is right by our new house, and we have been itching to try it. 
Talk about a view! 
Saturday Afternoon: Back porch sitting' with my girl. 
Good book + Daisy girl = Happy me! 
More to come on this book I am reading. It's intense. 
Saturday Dinner: The Boot! 
The Boot is right next to our new hiking spot in Hoover. 
Delicious food. Get the Mahi Tacos. 
And dessert! 
Sunday Morning: Brunch at Chez Lulu, my favorite!

Sunday Afternoon: Hiking with my two loves! 

Sitting with my favorite girl.

So, basically… I have the best husband ever. 

He knows how hard Mother's Day is for me, a reminder of our current (and seemingly endless) childless (hate that word) state, and how I dread it each year. And I am so thankful to have been forever matched with a man who not only knows my heart, but also plans ahead to protect me from hurt whenever he can. Adam, you are such clear evidence of God's grace and love in my life. I love you. 

And, of course, we are praying that this past Sunday was our last empty-armed Mother's Day. The last time we will have to hide out to avoid these painful reminders. The last time we will have to endure the, "Someday it will be your turn" and "Happy almost Mother's Day" from well meaning people who can't possibly know how much those words hurt. We are hoping and praying that God will soon, very soon, bless us with the joy of parenthood. 

Love, 
Baylor 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...