Friday, October 10, 2014

Thirty Months

Can you imagine being thirty months pregnant? Thirty months waiting for the one you love to finally make his/her grand entrance into your life and change your world forever? Guess who can imagine?

This girl.

Today marks thirty MONTHS since we started the adoption process to bring our little darlings home. Thirty months of hoping and praying every day that the waiting will be over and that our world will be rocked by arrival of our children. Thirty months of love growing in my heart for little faces and hearts and souls I do not yet know.

Most of me cannot believe it has been this long. My friend, Laura Catherine, and I often talk about that fact. We really just can't believe it. And I'll be honest with you, there are days when I feel like this is all we will ever do. Days when I feel like we will always be adoptING. And I am so ready to have adoptED. I'm ready for the adoption to be over and for us to have our darlings home with us.

I'm thirty months ready.

So I hopped over to Psalm thirty, looking for some encouragement on this unfathomable day. I recommend reading the whole chapter, but the last three verses are for me today.


Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;
 Lord, be my help.”
You turned my wailing into dancing;
 
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
 
Lord my God, I will praise you forever.
Psalm 30:10-12

Love, 
Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...