Monday, February 9, 2015

His Name

So much has been going on lately. Mostly stalking the postman as we waited for our fingerprint appointment letters to come in the mail (they came!). Honestly, though, that took up most of my mental and emotional strength. Add to that, renovating our kitchen (before and afters coming soon) and getting to work on our little guy's room and throw in our day jobs, too, and you have two busy Knotts.

But there is something very special that I want to tell you tonight. Something I have been intentionally holding on to until it felt real enough to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!

I am going to tell you my beautiful son's name.

Are you ready?

BRADLEY ABRAHAM

I love it. Don't you?

Strong. Solid. Honorable. Biblical.

It suits him. And it is a name I hope and pray he will grow into.

Bradley for my own incredible dad. As we moved through the adoption process and thought about names, we knew that we wanted our son's name to have meaning. We knew that we wanted to name him after a man we admire and love, a man we would be PROUD to have our son imitate and strive to be like. So for us, there was NEVER any wavering on what our first son's first name would be. Second to my own sweet husband, my dad is the Godliest man I know. He loves well and without condition. He serves others and puts himself last better than anyone else I know. He models Christ in all he does, and I hope and pray the my boy takes after his granddad, because his granddad is striving to take after Christ.

My daddy-o!

And that ADORABLE face he makes when you reveal to him
that his first grandson will carry his name. 

Abraham for the Bible. At so many points throughout this journey to our son, Adam and I have felt a kinship to Abraham. God came to him and said, "Go to a place I will show you." And he went. We have felt that way for much of the last (almost) three years, that God had told us to go, but had not revealed how or when we would get there. And there was temptation along the way to give up and give in. In those moments, we did our best to rest in God and trust that He knew exactly what He was doing. Turns out, He did. And so we chose the name Abraham for our boy, to remind us and him of what it means to be obedient to God in the midst of a circumstance that feels impossible, to remind us of God's unwavering faithfulness and His undeniable goodness.

And then there is his Ethiopian name. That one I cannot share with you. We are keeping it for him.

So there it is, dear friends. Our son's precious name. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Love,
Baylor




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...