Sunday, May 5, 2013

Melkam Fasika!

If my Googling serves my correctly, today is Easter Sunday in Ethiopia! That means that fellow believers in the country where my children will be born have spent the day celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ! I wanted to get an idea of what Easter looks like in Ethiopia, so I did a quick Google Images search, and here is some of what I found.

 Dressed in white and walking to church
 Beautiful children in their Easter clothes
 Inside a church celebrating our Risen King. 
Seriously, though, how incredible does that look? 
Praying before a cross. 

A large percent of Ethiopia's population is Muslim, but it is amazing to know that there are active churches in Ethiopia, too, which means that truth of the Gospel is being shared. As we look ahead to Mother's Day next week, I have been thinking a lot about the birth mother of our sweet children. Finding these pictures has given me new hope that maybe she has at least heard the Good News of the Gospel. I plan to spend some special time in prayer for her this week, as I cannot imagine the choice she will have to make in order for me to become a mom. I hope to be able to meet her one day to express my deep gratitude for her and her sacrifice. 

But for today, I am hoping that she hears the Gospel with open ears and an open heart. And I am hoping the same for you if you do not yet know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I pray that you will open your eyes and your heart to Him and accept the gracious gift He has given us in sacrificing His own life in our place. We deserved to die that death and be separated from God for all eternity. But God loved us enough to provide another way, a way for us to be reunited with Him for all eternity. He loves you, yes you, that much. 

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this; that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." 
Romans 5:8

Love, 
Baylor 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, just a little correction. Majority of Ethiopia is actually Christian, like 63% and 34% Muslim according to the last census. Ethiopian is known to be oldest Christian nations in the world, which officially adopted Christianity as the state religion in the 4th century.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...