Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer is Here!!

Summer is here!! That is the battle cry of teachers all across this nation. Whew! We made it. Last week rounded out year 6 in the books for my teaching career, and it was a fast one. The last week of school is always insane. Certifiably so. The kiddos are ready to be done; the teachers are SO ready to be done. We are packing up our rooms, cleaning out lockers, signing yearbooks, patrolling the halls, attending assemblies, monitoring the cafeteria, guarding the crosswalks, dealing with squirrelly teenagers who think they can get away with everything simply because it is the last week of school. Seriously, universities should offer a course in crowd control, perhaps taught by bouncers, as preparation for the end of a school year. You think I am kidding.

But now all of the grades are entered, and there is nothing left to do.

Sigh.

Smile.

Summer is off to a great start, and I am very much looking forward to RESTING this season after the crazy homestudy paperchase of 2012 last summer. Still, we have lots going on, so I am sure I will manage to stay busy. We do have a new number coming our way, probably tomorrow, so that is exciting. I think there has been a bit more movement as far as referrals go this month, so I am actually looking forward to (instead of dreading) this month's update.

I have spent a lot of time this week praying and reflecting, and I am hoping that I will soon be able to share with you what I feel like God is sharing with me. Assuming I can get my words out right. My head has been a very busy and crowded place this week, so I am hoping to empty some of that out here soon.

Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...