Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Reflections

I am always sad when Mother's Day rolls around and I am far away from my own precious mom. I miss her every day, but this day is always tough. And yet, while I miss her so much today, I am also so humbly grateful to God for the fact that I could call my mom today and wish her a happy Mother's Day. As most of you know, we had a scare earlier this year with my mom's health, and we thought we were going to lose her. But God, in His gracious sovereignty, healed her and brought her back to us. This is the single greatest miracle I have ever witnessed, and I every time I think about it, I am still absolutely blown away by God's incredible power.

So, Mom, this one is for you. 

Thank you for being the woman God created you to be. Thank you for being honest, for being compassionate, for being driven, for loving Christ, for spending your life for the sake of His kingdom. Thank you, Mom, for living according to the standards you taught me, for being an example, for showing me what it means to be a Godly woman and wife. Thank you for reminding me that God is enough, and that when the whole world seems to be falling down around me that I am still not alone, because the Lord is right there with me. Thank you for teaching me that the Lord has a plan and a purpose for every single aspect of my life, and that His plan might not look normal to the rest of the world and that that is a good thing. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and for showing me how to love and serve others in Jesus' name. Thank you for the guidance you have given me and for the guidance you will give me in the months and years ahead. Thank you for the things you will teach me about being a Godly mother when we finally bring our little one home. Thank you for being the most incredible woman I know.  

I love you, Mom. I love you more than I can possibly explain, and I am so grateful to God for saving you, for healing you. I think He knew that I still needed you here. There is still so much you have to teach me, and I cannot wait to learn. You truly are one of the greatest blessings that the Lord has ever given me. 

Mothers are such a sweet gift from God, and I cannot wait to be a part of this noble group of women who work so hard to shape the lives of children. 

Love, 
Baylor 

2 comments:

  1. I love you Baylor! You are an inspiration to me and I am so thankful that you are my daughter and now my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to the mother I know the Lord is preparing you to be - whether biologically, through foster care, and/or through adoption, the child that needs your guidance and love is right in God's hand. I thought of you and Brent this Mother's Day, as the perfect gift of her remaining with us has been a miracle we are all treasuring! I visited Mama Nez's grave on Mother's day as I just had to be close to her to still share my heart with her. I am fully confident she is aware of what all our family is up to and is smiling on us from above. Love you - like my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...