Friday, May 11, 2012

Rolling Along

So things are rolling along! Yay! Today we received an email from the social worker who is doing our home study. Wahoo! We have our first interview scheduled and a list of things that need to be accomplished before we can set up our next round of interviews. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we begin this phase of the journey. Our first interview will be on June 8 at our casa. That means that I will be in crazy cleaning mode for all of June 7-8. Lucky Adam!

After our initial interview, we will each be interviewed individually. Before our individual interviews, we must each complete our autobiographies. I have already checked that one off my list (because I am a total psycho), and Adam is diligently working on his. Following those will be two more joint interviews. For these, we must complete our education. This includes ten hours of online training for each of us (check, check!), an international adoption clinic seminar (no check), reading The Connected Child (one check) and the completion of a transracial exercise (no check). So, as you can see, we have quite a lot to do.

We are trying our very best to have all of our interviews done by the end of June. This means that we will have to have all of our education finished by mid-June, so please, please, please pray that God would grant us super-human energy and endurance to get all of this done. We will also be sending off our fingerprints to the FBI over the next couple of weeks. This makes me a bit nervous, because my foster care fingerprints were not readable, and we ended up having to do my background check a different way. I am really hoping that does not happen again.

So as of this afternoon, we have a more clearly defined list of to dos and a much clearer timetable, and that makes us very, very happy!

Today was a good lesson in trust and patience. As you may recall from our last post, I was feeling quite overwhelmed by this whole process. But, as He always does, God has taken care of me, and He has given me a small, and very manageable, set of tasks to do over the next several weeks. I am pretty sure He knew I needed something to focus my mind on. With the whole big picture out in front of me, it was almost like I did not know where to start. But now, I know what I need to be working on, and that will be HUGE in terms of maintaining my sanity and not driving my sweet husband completely crazy in the meantime.

It is so exciting to see things beginning to take shape, and with these interviews on the calendar, I feel like this is all really happening. As each day passes, we are getting closer and closer to meeting our sweet little angel. Please pray that we continue to rely on the Lord as we walk through this journey and that we will hear His voice as He guides our footsteps as we work to bring home our sweet, sweet baby.

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21



Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...