Friday, March 1, 2013

Waiting List Number : March 2013

Here are at the beginning of a new month again, and it is time for a new number. I have mentioned previously that February was a very slow month in the way of referrals. Most of that can be attributed to the fact that our placing agency on the ground in Ethiopia, West Sands Adoptions, was undergoing relicensing this past month. There was also a period of time during which MOWA (think the Ethiopian version of DHR) was visiting West Sands here in the United States. And if they were here, then they were not there pushing through referrals, so hopefully now that they are back in ET, things will pick back up. So, with all that being said, for the month of March we are...


We are now #62. 
Our sweet Daisy Bird! 

We moved one spot. One teeny-tiny spot. But do you know why we moved that one spot? Because a set of three sisters was matched with their forever family. How awesome is that? Even though this month has been very slow, I still do see God's grace all over our situation. How? Well, we moved. Even though it was just a little bit, we moved. Three girls get to come home to their family. Our agency has renewed their license for another three years. So even though it was a very slow month on the referral front, God is still at work. 

And believe me, He is doing all the work. Adam and I are powerless in this. We are weak vessels. But God is all-powerful, and His great power will sustain us. Even in the face of our weakness, He will do great things. 

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me." 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Love, 
Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...