Sunday, June 3, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

It is good to be home! I spent all of last week traveling to visit my wonderful grandparents. Each summer, I drive the "grandparent loop" from home to North Carolina, to South Carolina and back home again. I look forward to this trip every year; it gives me time to catch up with my grandparents and enjoy their company.

My first stop is always Gran's house, and after 10 hours in the car, I am very happy to see her. This year's visit was the best yet (and not just because she made an entire pound cake just for me!). I had such a good time talking with Gran, shopping with her and visiting with her twin sister (Aunt Jone) who came over for the day on Monday. We talked a lot about our adoption, what the process will look like, how long it should take, how we are handling everything, and so on. It was so good to sit and talk with Gran and have the time to answer all of her questions face to face. Leaving her on Wednesday was so hard, and I am hoping that I have her talked into coming down to my parents' house for Thanksgiving this year. :)

Then I was off to Myrtle Beach to visit Umpa and Brenda. Usually, it is just me for these summer visits, but this year it was pretty much a family reunion. Most of my dad's side of the family was there this week, and it was wonderful to catch up with everyone and see what is going on in their lives. We spent a lot of time out on the beach, too, which is always a bonus. My dad was able to come up while I was there, and I loved getting to spend time with him. He is such a good encourager, and during a walk on the beach, he did just that for me, reminding me that the Lord has a specific and perfect plan for mine and Adam's life together and that we need to trust that, even when we cannot see what is around the next turn.

I spent all of yesterday driving home, and after two episodes of standstill traffic outside of Atlanta, I was quite relieved to pull into our driveway. My sweet, sweet husband had cleaned the entire house and had dinner all ready for me as soon as I walked through the door. He's a keeper!

So, it is good to be back home, and we are already gearing up for a big week ahead of us. I have yard sale preparations to work on, our first interview is Friday and our Crossings class is this Saturday. We also need to order some of our required documents this week so that they will be in before our last interview (hopefully!). Lots to do!

Also, this is the last week to order a t-shirt. If you would like one, please let me know, and I will get you all the info you need.

With so much going on over the next few weeks, I hope to have lots of exciting updates for you soon!

Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...