Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Apparently, I am a daydreamer.

So it appears I have become a daydreamer. Very unusual for me. Typically, I have no problem focusing  whatsoever. I am sort of the opposite of ADD; I can sit and work on one thing for hours. It drives Adam absolutely crazy, especially when I get going on a really good book. I am all engrossed in another world, and he is sitting there thinking I am upset about something. As a result, I have gotten really good at reassuring him that I am just a nerdy book worm and that I love him more than life itself.

But I digress.

My point is that lately I have started losing my focus and daydreaming. A LOT. And all of my daydreams center around one specific person. A tiny person. A person who is probably not even here yet. I will be sitting at home working on something (or maybe scrolling through Pinterest), and all of a sudden I am hundreds of miles away meeting our little bird for the first time. Or I am at work and suddenly I get a phone call telling me that I am a mom. Or I am in the Birmingham Airport walking toward my husband with our baby in my arms. Then reality snaps me back and twenty minutes have passed. Oops.

But I love these daydreams. They give me so much to look forward to and fill my heart up to the very top. I love to think about what these different days will actually be like when they get here. These daydreams fill me with hope and cause me to look forward to the fulfillment of God's promise and the day when this great work He began in our lives will be carried through to completion.

That is God's promise to us. That He who began a work in us will carry it through to completion (Philippians 1:6). And we can take such encouragement and assurance from that. He is the One who starts all good things in our lives, and He will be the One who finishes them. There will be high points and low points along the way--that is a guarantee. But God promises to be by our side, and even better, in our hearts, the whole way through. He will be there when it is bad, and you had better believe He will be right there on the day that His great work is completed.

For us, of course, I am thinking of our adoption, but this truth carries over for every single aspect of a Believer's life. I know it is SO hard to wait for God to do His thing. Believe me, I want a referral yesterday (ok, months ago), but I have to trust the truth that the Lord knows better than me. He knows what is best for my life and, way more importantly (at least to me) the life of our precious bebecito. And He knows what is best for your life. His timing does not always align with ours, but His timing is always better. He loves you and me so much. And He only wants what is best for us. He is our Heavenly Father, and a good father only wants what is best for his children. It is the same with God, only a gazillion (rough estimate) times more. So I hope you know Him. And if you don't, I hope you will ask Him who He is. He has already paid the price for your sin and mine. All you have to do is ask Him to enter your heart and your life. He is waiting on you. He longs for you to be a part of His family. He is waiting patiently for you, slowing His return for you.

"The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...