Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pancake Breakfast Prep Phase One

So the pancake breakfast is coming up one week from today (hoping to see you there!), and this morning was spent making some purchases for the event. My dear friend/co-worker/event planner extraordinaire, Courtney, allowed me to accompany her to Costco to do our buying in bulk. And thank goodness for that, because we tore it up. Here is a shot of the contents of our cart as we wait to be rung up.
Pancakes, anyone? 
And I didn't even get everything in the frame. 

We were quite a sight, an English teacher and a social studies teacher scooting around Costco trying to do the math to figure out how many eggs and how much milk we would need to make all of these pancakes. I think we got it right, but we shall see. Not to mention the fact that contents of our enormous cart looked a bit strange. Most people have carts full of all kinds of food. Not us. Just pancakes for 200, please. We were stopped a couple of times by fellow customers and asked what in the world we were doing with all of this breakfast stuff. This was actually pretty cool, because I was able to explain that Adam and I are adopting and what the pancake breakfast actually was. One sweet, sweet woman responded by saying that she just had to give us something even though (and I quote) "it wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket." She pulled her wallet out right there and handed me four dollars. How sweet? 
Already working toward funding our adoption and the event is still a week away! 

And I must say a huge THANK YOU to my friend, Courtney. A party planner at heart, she is the one who has helped me organize so much of this event, thinking of details that would never cross my mind and encouraging me when I start to freak out because I get worried that no one will come and we will just be stuck with enough pancake batter to feed a small country. So, thank you so, so, SO much, Courtney!

Today was a big blessing in a lot of ways, and I am looking forward to seeing how God works everything out next week. We would very much appreciate prayers that this event is a success, as we are so, so close to being fully funded (hallelujah!). 

Love, 
Baylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...