Monday, January 5, 2015

Moving Along

Oh, how I love to open my inbox and see an email about our adoption moving forward! And it happened today. God's faithfulness (and speediness) since our referral has been so overwhelming and so humbling. Adam and I were excitedly talking today about our case's progress, and my sweet and God-fearing man said about our boy,

"I'm so humbled by how God is already at work in his life."

And I could not agree more.

God has His hand on my son. He has big plans for our little man, and I cannot believe that I get to be a part of his story. Adam and I get to see who he is and who he becomes. We get to see God grow and use him. We get to walk on this journey and tell him how loved and pursued and prayed for he has been since looooooong before he was born.

I used to say that there were moments when I would look up and say, "I can't believe this is my life." I meant that we were still waiting to be parents, waiting to be matched, waiting, waiting, waiting.

But now I feel the same sentiment. I canNOT believe this is my life. I can't believe that I get to raise this sweet boy, get to be the one who guides him in love and in truth. I can't believe that I get to watch the man I love most teach my son to be a man after God's own heart. I cannot believe that my heart has this much room to love. And I cannot believe how abundantly faithful my great and glorious God has been.

I am the FIRST in line to admit that I doubted, cried and raged against what God was doing. But He knows the whole story, and He has always known the name and face of my sweet, sweet son. So today I am choosing to bask in the joy of knowing that my God reigns, and I am believing more each day that He is writing a story beyond my comprehension.

And I would be remiss if I did not thank you for praying for us. Things are moving faster than we thought they would (WHAT??), and we are now in the next phase of the game. I can't go in to a bunch of specifics here, but I would ask for your continued prayers, that God would move our case swiftly so that we can bring our boy home to his parents (and his dog!).

Love,
Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...